Indigenous Cultural Appreciation Project Officer
Industry: Human Resources and Personnel
Date Listed: 07 Sep 2021
Close Date: 21 Sep 2021
As the largest NFP provider of health, aged & community services in Queensland, we believe in unique and holistic care, prioritising the individual to nurture physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
We're proudly NFP, meaning greater investment back into our facilities and resources and extra benefits for your take-home pay. Our values based culture means we encourage flexible work arrangements and that we love learning and development. We're committed to supporting you and your own goals through promotion of health & wellness initiatives, as well as employee assistance & recognition programs.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
UnitingCare are seeking an experienced Cultural Appreciation Project Officer to join our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy and Partnerships team on a full time, permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to analyse the cultural environment and develop and implement cultural learning strategies in order to advance holistic cultural change across UnitingCare. You will work closely with our Learning and Development team to develop and deliver cultural appreciation and learning programs.
This is an identified position in line with UnitingCare's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Workforce Strategy which aims to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees in all areas of our organisation. For this position, it is an equal opportunity measure that applicants must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent as per section 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
- Develop, deliver and facilitate cultural appreciation and learning programs across UnitingCare Queensland.
- Develop culturally appropriate learning strategies, training plans and training activities.
- Coach and mentor Cultural Competence across UnitingCare and facilitate training sessions with Senior Leaders.
- Liaise with Indigenous and non-Indigenous employees with a focus on empowering self-determination for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Identify champions across UnitingCare who will assist you in realising an embedded appreciation of the need to walk together each day in reconciliation.
- Actively participate in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander internal committees, including relevant advisory groups, working groups and networks.
- Assist with the development of projects in conjunction with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy and Partnerships and Reconciliation Action Plan team.
Your skills & experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications or proven competency in Training and Assessment, Human Services or Human Resources will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in developing cultural training and information packages to support culturally sensitive services and culturally safe working environments.
- Previous experience in a project management, community engagement or cultural training role previously, ideally within a human service environment
- Proven demonstrated engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations with an understanding of historical and contemporary issues that impact on different communities.
- The ability to bring your lived experience to life and use agile stakeholder engagement skills, to connect with a wide range of audiences.
TO APPLY please send a current Resume and Cover Letter to Rachel Hutchcroft at email@example.com
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***