Indigenous Data Administrator
Industry: Admin and Secretarial
Date Listed: 07 Sep 2021
Close Date: 21 Sep 2021
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
The Data Administrator will be responsible for assisting the PLF monitoring and evaluation team to manage an increasing volume of data management and reporting. Specifically, this role will be critical to ensuring that data related to new Pacific labour migration business processes are properly tracked and reported on in a holistic way with other data and reporting generated from the PLF management information system.
It is essential that you have demonstrated experience in data entry and management, including in management information systems and/or large databases.
This position will require you to liaise with PLF streams to respond to emerging data issues, including assisting with data checks and validation and providing advice/support on good data management practices. You will need to use your excellent communication skills to explain complex issues to non-technical stakeholders.
It is also expected of you to have experience using Power BI and excellent command of Excel, including the ability to run formulas for data analyses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of data from all PLF platforms for reporting to DFAT and other PLS stakeholders, including data extraction, verification/validation and presentation
- This will include regular (weekly/monthly) and ad-hoc reporting to DFAT and external stakeholders
- Participate in fortnightly data working group meetings and support follow up actions resulting from these meetings, especially where they relate to data quality issues (data gaps, data inconsistencies etc)
- Document data updating and reporting business processes, including inputs and information flows across various PLF streams
- A relevant bachelor's degree in the social sciences, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated experience of best-practice data management principles, especially in an organisational context
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple streams of work, to adapt to emerging priorities and competing interests, and to maintain a positive attitude in a busy work environment.
If this sounds like you, APPLY now via the below link:
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***