Indigenous Financial Assessment Manager
Industry: Financial Services
Date Listed: 06 May 2022
Close Date: 5 Jun 2022
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers under the newly introduced Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme which combines the existing Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP).
The Financial Assessment Manager will lead the Financial Assessment function to support relevant financial, legal and operational compliance procedures and administrative processes.
- Lead the Financial Assessment function in an efficient and effective manner
- Comprehensively assess potential employers for legal, financial or operational risks through background checks, compliance with policy requirements, ensuring quality assurance and risk management processes
- Conduct financial solvency checks through reviewing employer's audited accounts to assess the employer under four key areas: quantity and quality of earnings, profitability, solvency, liquidity and efficiency
- Conducts reputational checks on the entity, its directors and key personnel
- Contribute to strict vetting and selection of employers through employer site visits and subsequent reporting
- Prepare findings' reports on all compliance activities and contribute to formal Approved Employer recommendations
- Education in Economics, Finance, Accounting or other relevant qualification and/or experience.
- Significant relevant work experience in compliance and audit work
- Strong understanding and practical experience of audit, compliance and risk analysis in a business/corporate environment
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, International and Government relations is desirable
- Flexible working arrangements - work from home 2 days per week
- Modern office in central CBD location
- Great team culture with social activities and events
- Working for a program that is making positive impact
Applications close on 25 May 2022 and will be assessed on a rolling basis.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract to 30 June 2023. This is a Brisbane based role with options for flexible working. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense.
You must have valid Australian work rights to be considered for this position - visa sponsorship is not available.
To apply for this job please visit the Palladium website at: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/13314?c=palladium
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***
All successful applicants will be required to complete criminal history verification and hold a current working with children check.