Indigenous Industry Engagement Officer
Industry: Human Resources and Personnel
Date Listed: 09 Sep 2021
Close Date: 9 Oct 2021
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
You will provide support for the onboarding of prospective and newly Approved Employers (AEs) to ensure the process of becoming an approved employer remains smooth and efficient, whilst safeguarding the reputation of the program.
This will include assisting AEs to understand the application process, recruitment requirements and ongoing employer obligations of the scheme and conducting site visits in line with risk assessment processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Industry Engagement Coordinator by the drafting of formal reports (recommendations to DFAT) on employer suitability to become approved under the Scheme
- Be the first line of contact for enquiries to the PLF (group inbox management)
- Providing support to prospective employers through the approval process, answering queries and providing information on topical issues
- Conducting site visits to employers and host employers to ensure all Pacific Labour Scheme requirements are met
- Maintain accurate records of all site visits, compliance and other activities and employer contact/outreach.
- Escalate complex matters to the Industry Engagement Coordinator for resolution
- Contribute to strengthening close relationships between local industry associations, peak bodies, local employer and the wider business community
- Identify and promote the PLS in emerging and diverse industries to grow the demand of Pacific labour in Australia with a focus on semi-skilled positions
- Identify and promote opportunities for microstates, low sending countries, female participation and disability engagement to new Approved Employers
- Build strong working relationships with potential and approved employers, to develop an open and honest dialogue around any complexities and/or issues related to the approval process or recruitment process under the Pacific Labour Scheme
- Regular interstate and/or regional travel, as required.
It is essential that you have relevant work experience in operational co-ordination or administration and industry compliance.
This position will require you to have strong understanding and practical experience of Australian industry priorities and challenges, as well as experience engaging with multiple internal teams and external stakeholders in a government/private enterprise environment.
It is also expected of you to have driver's license and willingness to drive to regional locations and flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends.
Key personal skills and attributes you must tick:
- High level of interpersonal skills and customer/client relationship management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised and strong in documentation and filing
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Microsoft Windows Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications will be assessed and interviews arranged with suitable candidates on an ongoing basis.
Applications close on 6th October 2021
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***