Indigenous Labour Mobility Engagement Manager - Samoa
Industry: Human Resources and Personnel
Date Listed: 07 Sep 2021
Close Date: 7 Oct 2021
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
Our in-country Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a program of assistance to the Government of Samoan through its Ministries and other relevant in-country stakeholders to ensure effective engagement in Pacific Labour Mobility programs.
As an experienced policy writer, specifically within a Pacific context, you will support the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Labour (MCIL), the Labour and Employment Export Programme (LEEP) and the Labour Sending Units in developing policy, reviewing, and updating existing strategic plans/operational manuals to reflect current and changing Labour Mobility environment.
While responsible for strategy, you will be willing to roll your sleeves up and be hands-on, where you will facilitate improvement of quality of worker pool for deployment to Australia through the design and delivery of processes that support worker recruitment, including enhancement of work readiness programs, capacity building assistance and training to participating government agencies/recruitment agents and other relevant stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with the MCIL and LEEP to determine their objectives for labour mobility and establish a common understanding of their existing capacities and future requirements to support the expected future growth in labour mobility participation.
- Facilitate linkages and build strong stakeholder relationships between the Labour Sending Unit, ministries, labour agents, bi-lateral programs, APTC and community groups to harness synergies between actors and programs that support growth of labour mobility in Samoa, and to encourage cross-learning and ensure effective communication.
- Work closely with the PLF Growth team in Australia and Pacific government agencies to support marketing activities to enhance awareness of Pacific workers amongst eligible employers.
- Regularly undertake political economy analysis to inform program implementation.
- Manage country-level planning and budgeting, incorporating needs analysis of sending country capacity development and institutional strengthening as required.
- Support reintegration initiatives by leveraging connections with other DFAT funded programs and in-country networks.
Promote inclusion across all aspects of labour sending activities, including equality, disability and child protection.
- Deliver training, either one-on-one or to large groups and facilitate workshops to SWP and PLS stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline with at least 5 years' experience in policy development, project management, and/or a partnership brokering role
- Strong understanding of gender equality concepts and issues
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers
- Ability to work to deadlines, and to balance competing priorities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Samoan language - while desirable is not essential
Remuneration, Allowances and Support Costs:
This position is classified under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) at C3 classification, and any Allowances and support costs the Adviser may be eligible to receive will be in accordance with the ARF.
Candidates must have current unrestricted work rights or be eligible to apply for a valid visa to work in Samoa.
Applications will be assessed and interviews arranged with suitable candidates on an ongoing basis.
Applications close on 24th September 2021
To APPLY, follow the link below:
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***