Indigenous Recruitment Assessment Officer
Industry: Recruitment Consultancy
Date Listed: 25 Aug 2021
Close Date: 24 Sep 2021
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
While this is not a traditional HR/Recruitment role, you will draw on your HR/Recruitment skills and experience to support and provide advice to PLS Approved Employers through the review of recruitment plans, labour market testing and letters of offer. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work across a diverse range of industries.
This is a Fixed Term full time position until June 2022 with possibility of extension.
Applications close on 14th September 2021.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support approved employers with administration throughout the recruitment plan process by providing comprehensive, accurate and timely information, templates, contact details, etc.
- Provide general information, technical advice and education, and assistance about workplace laws, rights and entitlements to the Scheme's approved employers and their workers at various stages of recruitment process.
- Manage all initial email and phone communication and inquiries from prospective and approved employers in relation to recruitment plans. Ensure to respond and follow-up all correspondence in a timely manner. Ensure all attachments are filed and labelled for easy retrieval.
- Build strong working relationships with potential and approved employers, to develop an open and honest dialogue around any complexities and/or issues related to the approval process or recruitment process under the Pacific Labour Scheme.
- Assist with any formatting and preparation of presentations for project deliverables, including progress reports for all activities and potential employers.
- Regularly review and update formal application and assessment processes to facilitate employers' entry into the Scheme and their recruitment of workers.
- It is essential that you have experience in a HR, legal or similar role, demonstrating high quality outcomes in service delivery.
- It is expected of you to have demonstrated experience in coordinating recruitment processes and ability to work cooperatively with a diverse client base, and to deal with an extensive range of industries.
- This position will also require you to plan and manage schedules, files/database and working materials as well as to keep confidentiality of documents and information.
Key personal skills and attributes you must tick:
- Relevant HR or business-related qualification is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and strong in documentation and filing.
- Methodical with good attention to detail.
- Microsoft Windows Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If this sounds like you please click HERE to APPLY NOW.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***