Indigenous Regional Relationship Manager
Industry: Human Resources and Personnel
Date Listed: 12 Jan 2022
Close Date: 26 Jan 2022
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and provides targeted support to Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP).
From 4 April 2022, the PLS and the SWP will be consolidated and replaced by an improved and more flexible Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme administered by DFAT in partnership with the PLF.
Opportunity available in: Toowoomba, Cairns, Darwin, Perth and Tamworth.
The Regional Relationship Managers (RRMs) will be the key point of contact for all labour mobility stakeholders in regional Australia including, prospective employers, approved employers (AEs), country liaison officers, community organisations, local government, industry bodies and Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) central office.
The RRMs will lead in-Australia engagement activities with Approved Employers and ensure their appropriate and effective participation within the Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme. This is to include implementation and operation of sustainable processes and practices to assist Approved Employers with recruitment/ redeployment planning, education and capacity building activities and coordination of emerging employer needs/ issues including provision of broader stakeholder advice and information.
The RRMs will also facilitate education and capacity development of regional stakeholders to support worker wellbeing and build relationships with regional stakeholders, to help the PLF better understand and respond to emerging issues.
The RRMs will be embedded within a locally based partner organisation that has shared objectives with the PLF of regional economic development and community benefit, and the role of Pacific labour mobility in supporting these.
You will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Strong relationship management experience including ability to communicate effectively, network, facilitate, advocacy/liaison skills, ability to manage, resolve and evolve complex and potentially difficult relationships with industry/sectors/regions, strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Qualifications in a people-to-people related industry, including Business, International/Customer Relations, Immigration, government, Human Resources and/or similar.
- Understanding or ability to rapidly acquire, knowledge of State and Federal industrial relations systems, employment legislation and workplace reform issues/trends.
- Strong decision-making, professional judgement, risk management, and ability to work autonomously with limited supervision, to work to deadlines, and to balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to a diverse client base, and to deal with an extensive range of industries/ stakeholders including engagement with Australian and Pacific Government representatives.
- Driver's licence and flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends and including interstate and international.
To apply for this position, please follow the below link for the relevant location:
TOOWOOMBA >> APPLY NOW
CAIRNS >> APPLY NOW
DARWIN >> APPLY NOW
PERTH >> APPLY NOW
TAMWORTH >> APPLY NOW
Applications will be assessed and interviews arranged with suitable candidates on an ongoing basis.
Applications close on 24 January 2022.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***