Indigenous Relationship Manager
Industry: Human Resources and Personnel
Date Listed: 09 Sep 2021
Close Date: 9 Oct 2021
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
You will be responsible for leading in-Australia engagement activities with Approved Employers and ensuring their appropriate and effective participation within the Pacific Labour Scheme.
This is to include the implementation and operation of sustainable processes and practices to assist Approved Employers with recruitment/ redeployment planning, education and capacity building activities and coordination of emerging employer needs/ issues (including provision of broader stakeholder advice and information).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Onboarding, Education & Capacity Building Activities
- Establishment of administrative processes to ensure appropriate execution of the PLS Deed and Approved Employer Assurance Guidelines.
- Assessment of Approved Employer capacity development needs and implementation/ monitoring of supplementary support plans.
- Design, implementation and ongoing review of scalable and effective Approved Employer onboarding, education, and capacity building activities.
Recruitment Planning & Coordination
- Monitoring of Approved Employers' recruitment proposals including provision of relevant and applicable assistance to ensure appropriate progression/ submission of proposals.
- In collaboration with other relevant PLF work streams, monitor emerging/ developing industry trends & opportunities and ensure appropriate/ relevant information/ advice on recruitment pathways is made available to Approved Employers/ Industries.
Issue & Exception-based Management
- Provide assistance and/ or advice to Approved Employers, PLF work streams and other PLS stakeholders, including:
- Investigation and appropriate escalation of workplace related issues including Letter of Offer, pay, hours, and deduction matters.
- Provision of technical advice and assistance on relevant workplace laws, rights, and entitlements. to inform Approved Employers' decisions and/ or to resolve workplace issues.
- Review and approval of Approved Employers' contingency plans.
It is essential that you have a minimum of 5 years, demonstrated customer/ relationship management experience, within a high volume and dynamic business setting/s. You will possess and/ or demonstrate the ability to rapidly acquire, highly developed knowledge of State and Federal industrial relations systems, employment legislation and workplace reform issues/trends.
This position will require you to have strong decision-making, professional judgement and risk management skills and experiences, as well as an ability to work autonomously. You will possess strong operational skills and practices including ability to implement efficient and effective business processes and systems.
You will be required to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in achieving business outcomes, including strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications in a people-to-people related industry, including Business, International/Customer Relations, Human Resources and/or similar.
- Highly developed professional framework of practice, and ability to demonstrate a strong ethical/ values-based approach.
- Ability to prioritise and undertake proactive work planning.
- Demonstrated operational and strategic skills and ability to deliver on business/ program outcomes in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to a diverse client base, and to deal with an extensive range of industries/ stakeholders including engagement with Australian and Pacific Government representatives.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Applications will be assessed and interviews arranged with suitable candidates on an ongoing basis.
Applications close on 6th October 2021
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***