Indigenous Support Worker
Industry: Social Care
Date Listed: 21 Jul 2021
Close Date: 28 Jul 2021
Southern Cross Support Services is an NDIS and Child Protection provider servicing Queensland with their head office based in Bundaberg. Their core business is to provide a range of disability and Child Protection services to meet the needs of those that are most vulnerable in our community.
NDIS Support Workers are wanted for the Gympie Region. There are multiple permanent part time and casual contracts available. Support programs operate 24/7 which includes shift work. Candidates must have the ability to participate in various shifts including sleepovers, weekends and possibly awake shifts.
About the role:
As a support worker you'll assist in varying ways ways such as completing and attending to household chores and grocery shopping, medication and medical appointments, Fishing and Beach activities, Social inclusion and community access, Holidays and camping trips, Meeting personal goals - fitness and wellbeing, Development of independent living skills and Implement behaviour management strategies.
- A person that is passionate about making a real difference in people's lives and strives on helping others
- Know how to provide a supportive and fun environment for our clients
- Experience working with complex supports and challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of the NDIS including plans and types of support
- Suitability Blue Card for Working with Children and Young People (No card, No start laws apply)
- Yellow Card or NDIS Worker Screening Check
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Must have a drivers licence and own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Must have completed the NDIS Worker Orientation module
- All candidates are to complete prescreening interview with IWS.
- All candidates are to apply through following link Support Worker - NDIS (scss.org.au) and complete online questionnaire.
- Any application that does not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW!
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the position, please apply below with your COVER LETTER and RESUME.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***