Indigenous Support Worker - Domestic and Family Violence
Industry: Community Services
Date Listed: 11 Jan 2022
Close Date: 25 Jan 2022
Murri Sisters Mobile Support Service (MSMSS) is dedicated to reducing domestic and family violence (DFV) in our community.
MSMSS is a service of the non-profit organisation, Five Bridges Ltd. Five Bridges is an established not-for-profit organisation, born from a passion to assist local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in a hand on, feet to the ground manner that will see our local communities flourish.
The primary responsibility of the Support Worker is to ensure that the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous women and their children are met while receiving MSMSS support. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours per week and is suitable for those who would like to work within school hours. The position will commence late January to early February 2021.
Key responsibility areas include but are not limited:
- Work as part of a broader service system that includes police, courts, child protection, non-government organisations to deliver a timely coordinated and client centered and culturally appropriate response to women and children affected by family and domestic violence
- Provide support to women and their children in the community who are experiencing or at risk of family and domestic violence
- Knowledge of the range of issues pertaining to people affected by family and domestic violence
- Working knowledge or experience within case-management frameworks to ensure person-centred and collaborative processes and trauma informed practices
- Knowledge or experience of risk and needs assessment frameworks
- Ability to develop options, solve problems and be flexible as required
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills (Verbal and Written) & ability in working with highly confidential information
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed and compliant
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Certificate III in Community Services preferred
- Previous experience working with and supporting those affected by domestic and family violence
- C Class Drivers Licence
- Blue Card or ability to acquire
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Check
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the position, please apply below with your COVER LETTER and RESUME.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***