Indigenous Trainee Project Support Officer
Date Listed: 09 Jun 2021
Close Date: 23 Jun 2021
Five Bridges Pty Ltd is funded by the Department of Justice and Attorney-General (DJAG) for the delivery of services under the Community Justice Group program supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contact with the justice system.
The Trainee Project Support Officer aims to provide support to the Maroochydore Murri Court, Five Bridges and the Maroochydore Community Justice Group's current and future programs such as supporting our: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander defendants appearing before Magistrate courts and participants of the EOM Program as directed by the Murri Court Coordinator or Five Bridges CEO. This position with report to the Murri Court Coordinator and Five Bridges CEO as lead by the Maroochydore Community Justice Group.
- Provide support to the Murri Court Coordinator and Maroochydore Community Justice Group
- Provide administrative and project support acitivites to the Murri Court Coordinator and Five Bridges CEO
- Organise and arrange meetings with The Maroochydore Community Justice Group members and keep true and accurate records of all minutes
- Attendance at Community events and network meetings as appropriate
- Organise and arrange office to ensure it is kept in a professional and tidy manner
- Establish and maintain records and filing systems
- Satisfy and complete all requirements for a Certificate III in Community Services within 12 months of starting employment
- Current Drivers Licence and reliable transport
- Sound knowledge of computer technology systems
It is a genuine occupational requirement to perform this role it is essential that the person is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Female (to be able to partake and/or lead Cultural Women's business such as Women's yarning circles) person. It is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
For the purposes of this position - 'Identified' refers to Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. By this we mean a person who:
- a) identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person; and
- b) is of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
c) is accepted as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person by the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community in which he or she lives.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the position, please apply below with your COVER LETTER and RESUME.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into employment in a variety of communities and industries across Australia.
***Please note only candidates that are successful in moving to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further***